Flat feet is one of the most common foot health issues and people who have flat feet do not even know about it. Though they often experience pain, soreness, and other discomforts in their feet, they rarely consider their flat feet a serious issue. This is faulty biomechanics of your feet that need treatment.
It is highly recommended to turn to a certified and experienced podiatrist when you experience problems in your daily life due to flat feet.
How to Know If You Have Flat Feet?
While standing straight, you can look down to your feet. If you see the arches of your feet are touching the ground, you have flat feet.
Typically, a human body develops arches after the age of six. Flat feet can be developed due to constant and repeated stress on the feet or injuries.
Common Symptoms of Flat Feet
- Severe and recurring pain in arches and heels
- Excessive pain while standing, moving or walking for extended periods
- Swelling on the ankles or at the side of the feet
Since your flat feet can cause pain in heels, ankles and knee, you might need treatment. Visiting a certified podiatrist will make things easier for you.
Most Common Treatments of Flat Feet
- The podiatrist will check your feet thoroughly. Then diagnose the issue and suggest some treatments to offer you relief from this condition. Some of these treatments include;
- Supportive shoes that are specially made for people with flat feet to provide support to their arches
- Stretching exercises specially designed for your Achilles tendon to reduce and prevent foot pain
- Especially designed arch supports which you can use with your regular shoes to take the pressure off the arches and provide cushioning while moving or standing
- Physical therapies to treat and reduce pain in the foot, ankle, heels and knees caused by flat feet
At John the Footman, we provide complete care and treatment for flat feet. You can meet a reputable Podiatrist to get the most effective solution for your foot problems.
Please get in touch with us for more information.